Friday, January 4, 2008

Storms and syringes

I had hoped to talk with the oncologist about whether to bring Penny into their office this morning but could not get through to anyone all morning. The big storm today has been causing blackouts and downed phone lines, so their office is not really up and running. After the nurse finally called me back (on his cell phone), we decided to check in again on Monday. This was primarily because of Penny's slight improvement yesterday.

So far today, her appetite is still missing and even refused to eat the Alaskan salmon I tried feeding her. I syringe-fed her 2mL of mushed up salmon with half-and-half before I left, and need to go buy a bigger syringe so I can be more efficient with feeding. For reference, let's say that a slender cat on canned food, needs to eat 6 oz. per day. That 6 ounces coverts to 177mL (or 177 squirts with a 1 mL syringe), and that won't do.

Current weight: 6.8 lbs

No comments: